Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Truely Biker Babes

Let's look at the other higher respected level of Biker Babes. The impressive number of females who are now riding their own. Ladies? I am truly envious of all YOU Biker Babes!

I read an article from the New York Times that talked about this. I don't normally read those kind of papers, but this was sitting there and I picked it up and was actally surprised to see an article about lady riders.

Harley-Davidson’s chief executive, James L. Ziemer talked about how 50% of the population is female and there is pent-up demand. He talked about how Harley wanted to remove the barriers. So they are producing more motorcycles that are low to the ground so women can plant their feet firmly on the ground. Making seats narrower, clutches softer, adjusting handlebars and windshields to make bikes more comfortable for smaller riders. About 12 percent of all Harley motorcycle sales are to women, roughly 32,000 new bikes in 2006.

Harley is advertising in women’s magazines with a striking black-and-white image of a rider using the chrome plating on a bike as a makeup mirror.

I find the fact that Harley implies even these wonderful biker babes have a need to make sure their makeup is in place...takes me back to that image of what some think Biker Babes are all about. It's not a bad thing. It's actually a testimonial to all true Biker Babes......they know how to look good, even after a ride in the wind! But there is sooooooooooo much more. We'll get into more of that here soon.

I just want to say, I am so in awe of these real biker babes. While I am very content to sharing the chrome...I envy them.

Woman from all walks of life...turning their backs to conventional backseat thinking...standing strong and taking a ride of their own. No one would doubt these woman are truly Biker Babes.

1 comment:

kevin's blog said...

I love to dating local biker babesonline.